1. We believe in one God – the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
2. We believe the Old and New Testament Scriptures, given by plenary inspiration, contain all truth necessary to faith and Christian living.
3. We believe human beings are born with a fallen nature, and are, therefore, inclined to evil, and that continually.
4. We believe the finally impenitent are hopelessly and eternally lost.
5. We believe the atonement through Jesus Christ is for the whole human race; and that whosoever repents and believes on the Lord Jesus Christ is justified and regenerated and saved from the dominion of sin.
6. We believe believers are to be sanctified wholly, subsequent to regeneration, through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
7. We believe the Holy Spirit bears witness to the new birth, and also to the entire sanctification of believers.
8. We believe our Lord will return, the dead will be raised, and the final judgment will take place.
*From the agreed statement of belief of the Church of the Nazarene Manual 2013-2017 page 37.